Internships can be a great way to acclimatize oneself to industry so that the best working principles can be learned with a ‘hands-on’ approach. They can also help in providing the needed exposure along with making a candidate streamlined for an industry. An internship in Australia can be done in many different ways. However, it is also important that before enrolling for an internship service in the country like Australian PGP, some facts are checked out of the service provider.
It can ensure that a candidate can get the best services from the provider as well as receive helpful information for the correct matching internship that can help in one’s future endeavors. Some essentials that should be checked out before enlisting for such a service are detailed here as follows.
- Availability of dedicated manpower – Any service provider offering an internship in Australia facility should have dedicated manpower for interns. A position like an ‘Internship Program Supervisor’ can be well aware of the needs and aspirations of interns so that candidates can gain from his effort. Hence, throughout an internship program, such a person can be highly useful for the candidates. He can be the first point of contact in any situation for a candidate, know the requirements of candidates correctly and convey them to the management for onward action.
- Newsletters at regular intervals – Newsletters can be a very good source of internship-related news. Some reputed consultancy firms that provide information related to an internship in Australia also provide quality newsletters to their candidates so that they can stay abreast with the latest events and relevant internship information. A monthly newsletter can go a long way in disseminating a lot of internship-related news. An Agent Newsletter can also be well desired.
- Support in case of an emergency – In many cases, interns may not belong to the same town or they may not be native Australians. In such a scenario, it is important that a firm providing internship in Australia facilities must have adequate support outside of office hours so that in case of an emergency, the firm can be reached out easily. It is a very important requirement particularly for foreign interns so that they can have a nice impression on the services of a service provider.
- Smoothly getting on-board – Everyone opting for an internship in Australia may not be aware or well accustomed to the Australian workplace especially if an intern is not from the country. Hence, as an internship consultancy, it is essential to make an intern aware of the Australian workplace culture so that the intern can feel a sense of belonging in the country. Some types of orientation sessions can be highly desired by new interns from a foreign land and many reputed firms do conduct them in addition to providing the internship.
- Confirmation of participation – A participation certificate is very much needed for any type of internship program. It is a proof of participation that may be needed by a candidate during a job interview. Hence, any deft internship consultancy firm will ensure that interns get this certificate from a Host Organization.
In addition to all the above requirements, a professional internship consultancy firm will always adhere to the best working practices of the industry like responding to a client within a business day, etc. Also, having good networking within industries can be highly beneficial for interns. Therefore, those candidates who are looking to complete an internship in Australia should look out for a consultancy that satisfies all or most of the above-mentioned criteria to get a satisfactory experience.